The Oklahoma Statewide Virtual Charter School Board members are appointed by the Governor of Oklahoma, Oklahoma Senate President Pro Tempore, and the Oklahoma Speaker of the House.
Pam Vreeland - First Congressional District
- Received M.Ed. in Information Sciences and Learning Technologies from the University of Missouri at Columbia and B.A. in Mathematics from Evangel University in Springfield, MO.
- Received the Faculty Development Facilitator Award in 2003 from Oral Roberts University, the only non-staff member to receive such an award.
- Prior to becoming the eLearning Coordinator for Tulsa Tech Center, worked as a full-time consultant in her own business. Has worked in all three branches of education: K-12, career technology centers, and higher education.
- 25+ years’ experience in education includes classroom teaching experience, departmental administration, curriculum and program development, and creation of successful educational partnerships.
- As Director of Online Instructional Design for Performance Learning Systems, led a virtual team of instructional designers to develop 24 new online courses and spearheaded changeover to a new learning management system that generated $100,000 in annual savings.
- As Technology and Learning Center Manager for Tulsa Technology Center, created a virtual high school that offered online courses for area high school students. As Math Specialist for Tulsa Technology Center, was nominated for district Teacher of the Year and highlighted in Apple Computer magazine for using technology in the Math Lab.
Debbie Long - Second Congressional District
- Received her degree in Business Administration from Rogers State University. Has been CEO of Promos Advertising, a marketing and promotional products business, since 1998. Clients include Arby's, Spotify, the University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, Tulsa University, and the University of Alabama.
- Prior to joining Promos Advertising, was co-founder of Claremore Personnel Service, a temporary employment agency servicing the Rogers County area with gross sales of more than $2 million a year.
- Has served on the Oklahoma State Virtual Charter School Board since 2012. Also a member of the Leadership Rogers County Board. Prior leadership and service positions include the Claremore City Council and the Board of Directors for the Claremore Chamber of Commerce.
Mathew Hamrick - Third Congressional District
- Received B.A. in Political Science from the University of Central Oklahoma; completing graduate studies in Public Administration.
- Has worked in state procurement since 2008; currently the Chief Procurement Officer for the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality.
- Prior to joining state service, was a consultant with an international educational not-for-profit foundation traveling to universities throughout the United States and Canada providing training to student groups in organizational behavior, leadership development and finances.
Dr. Ethan Lindsey - Fourth Congressional District
- Board certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist who has been in practice for thirty (30) years.
- Medical Director of Positive Changes, an organization that provides community based partial hospital services to children and adolescents.
John D. Harrington - Fifth Congressional District
- Received B.S. in Industrial Engineering and Management from Oklahoma State University.
- Chairs the Oklahoma State Virtual Charter School Board.
- CEO of Funds For Learning, a nationwide consulting firm that specializes in regulatory compliance with the federal E-rate funding program for schools and libraries, since 1997.
- Volunteers as the Vice-chair of Great Expectations, a not-for-profit organization that provides school district leadership training and classroom professional development for educators.
- Before joining Funds For Learning, was a Telecommunications Analyst for Monte R. Lee & Co., where he conducted preliminary design and cost estimates, traffic estimates, and system optimization for telecommunications networks.
Rebecca Wilkinson - Executive Director, Statewide Virtual Charter School Board
- Received M.A. in School Leadership from the University of Central Oklahoma and Ed.D. from Oklahoma State University.
- Assumed SVCSB Executive Director role in January 2015.
- Prior education experience includes serving as a K-12 Superintendent; Director of Planning, Research, and Assessment; Director of Curriculum and Instruction; Director of Gifted Education; principal; and teacher at the elementary, middle, and high school levels, as well as in undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Consulting experience includes the areas of standards alignment, teacher evaluation, school finance, and school improvement.
- Quote: “There are a number of Oklahoma students whose academic needs can best be served through online learning opportunities. While face-to-face education is appropriate for most children, there are families who can benefit from online and blended learning pathways.”